The Western Australian Government is offering a rebate of $200 to Western Australian residents that purchase an approved personal shark deterrent device.
Under the scheme, the rebate will be applied at the point of sale and then the registered retailer will be reimbursed by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD).
Effective 21st of April 2022:
- Approved shark deterrent devices include:
- Ocean Guardian FREEDOM 7TM
- Ocean Guardian FREEDOM+ Surf (Bundle)
- Complete RPELA Kit or RPELA Unit – Device Only
- There is a limit of one rebate per person per device. That is, if a person has received the $200 rebate for the Ocean Guardian FREEDOM7TM, they will also be eligible to receive the $200 rebate for the Ocean Guardian FREEDOM+ Surf (Bundle), and Complete RPELA Kit or RPELA Unit – Device Only. The rebate can only be applied to one RPELA purchase per person.
- DPIRD will provide a minimum of 14 days' notice to all registered retailers when the Rebate scheme is to end.
These changes have been reflected in the online Shark Deterrent Rebate Form and Terms & Conditions.
Registered retailers are to use the Shark Deterrent Rebate Form to make a rebate claim. Partial online forms cannot be saved. The online form must be completed in one transaction.
A paper form can be completed at point of sale to assist retailers with limited Internet access. However, all rebate claims must be made by submitting the online application form. No postal, facsimiles or emailed refund requests will be accepted.
General information about the rebate can be viewed at www.sharksmart.com.au/staying-safe/rebate. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete your ONLINE Shark Deterrent Rebate Form. You will need:
- To supply all purchaser details including eligibility criteria, such as proof of WA residence;
- An electronic copy of the Tax Invoice as proof of sale; and
- Your Vendor ID number supplied by DPIRD as a registered retailer.
Download a PAPER FORM